WE AT TYNE AND WEAR ELECTRICAL ARE FULLY INSURED FOR £2,000,000 PUBLIC LIABILITY. A COPY CAN BE SENT ON REQUEST.
WE AT TYNE AND WEAR ELECTRICAL OFFER 3 YEAR WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY THIS IS FOR ALL WORK CARRIED OUT BY TYNE AND WEAR ELECTRICAL GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND.
Platinum Promise NICEIC
Platinum Promise is our commitment to you to make sure that installation work is safe and meets the required regulations. Our Platinum Promise will protect you should installation work undertaken by a NICEIC registered contractor not meet the required building regulations or installation standards.
As part of our Platinum Promise we will support you through our resolution process, helping to make sure installation work is right. Platinum Promise can take necessary steps to put work right in the event that a registered installer is no longer able to.
The Platinum Promise can be used if:
The contractor was registered with NICEIC for the type of work undertaken at the time the installation was complete
The work has been fully completed within the last six years.
If your complaint falls outside of the above, we may be able to signpost you to other organisations that may be able to support you. The Platinum Promise is provided through the NICEIC Complaints Process and you can read further information at the official NIC EIC website
In the event that the NICEIC registered installer is no longer able to rectify work that is unsafe or does not meet the required regulations, NICEIC will commission remedial work to make the work compliant using an alternative contractor up to the maximum value of £25,000. This is subject to exclusions which can be seen by clicking here.
Benefits of using a Competent Registered Electrician
Using an electrician registered with a Government-approved scheme (England and Wales) to undertake electrical installation work in your home provides you with the assurance that:
- They work to the British Standard for electrical safety (BS 7671)
- They meet strict entry requirements, which take account of qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and insurance policies
- Their work is regularly assessed by a Government-approved Scheme Operator to ensure their ongoing competence and that it meets the correct standards
- They will give you a BS7671 certificate to confirm that their work has been designed, inspected and tested in line with the BS7671 electrical safety standard. If the work is notifiable, they will also arrange a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate to confirm compliance with Building Regulations, which should be issued to you by their Scheme Operator within 30 days of the completion of the installation.
- They are permitted to self-certify their work against the Building Regulations, saving you the need to notify the work with your Local Authority Building Control department
- They have valid insurance policies in place, including Public Liability Insurance
- All Government-approved scheme operators have a complaints procedure, which means they will investigate complaints about registered electricians who have not complied with technical standards
- They have been authorised by Government to self-certify that their work is compliant with Building Regulations.
- To find or check a registered electrician in your area, use the search facility on the official NIC EIC website.
The generic term ‘Electrician’ has been used in this website for ease of use and to facilitate internet searches. ‘Electrician’ in the context of this website means a firm or individual, who is competent to install electrical equipment and wiring within a domestic premises.